Totti: Drop me if it'll help Roma



Claudio Ranieri's side finished a close second in the Scudetto race last season, but have started the new campaign in appalling form and lie second from bottom.

And goalless Totti's spot in the team has come under the spotlight, with Ranieri saying earlier this week that nobody's place in the starting line-up is safe.

"As captain of Roma, I reiterate that I do not want to be a problem for this team," Totti said in the Corriere dello Sport.

"If whoever has the power to decide in this club believes that I have become a problem for the team, he has the duty to tell me so that I can take my own decisions.

"I don't want to be a burden for anyone.

"I have always been and will continue to be available for this team, to help our fans dream and help Roma win.

"I have not had the incisive cutting edge to allow the team to win. But I have never disrespected the club, the coach or my team-mates.

"I am available to play in whatever role the coach asks me to play, even though it may mean more quantity and less quality in my performances.

"But just like in the past, I will adapt myself to any tactical situation because I don't believe that from one season to the next I no longer know how to play football.

"I am sure that together, like we have in the past, we will find the best solution for coming out of this crisis."

0 comments:

Post a Comment